The future of OUR Route verte is threatened. Please sign the petition to keep it going strong!
Last signataires : Ornella - David - Lynn
The Quebec government’s decision to eliminate the maintenance program for the Route verte puts the future of the bikeway network at risk. If nothing is done, several major sections could be shut down – and soon.
The Route verte contributes to the economy at both the provincial and the local level. The quality and safety of these facilities are vital considerations for out-of-province cyclists who are contemplating spending their time – and tourism dollars – in Quebec. After 20 years of continuously investing in the development of the Route verte, can we really afford to discontinue its upkeep?
- The Route verte stands as a unique achievement in North America, with 5,300 kilometres of connected bikeways;
- 5 million people ride on the Route verte every year, and 6 million people live in a community within a 1-kilometre radius;
- The Route verte is a model for many other initiatives of this kind elsewhere in Canada and in the U.S.;
- The Route verte is the number-one draw used by tour operators to attract out-of-province visitors;
- The Route verte crosses nearly 400 municipalities, representing three-quarters of the Quebec population;
- The Route verte has a positive impact on public health, the environment, active transportation and Quebec’s overall image;
- The Route verte is a social and economic driver in the communities it runs through. Bicycle tourists spend more money, travel more frequently and stay for longer periods of time than the average recreational traveller. Over and above the tax revenues collected by the Quebec government on cycling-related activities, a significant number of businesses benefit directly from the corresponding tourism spending, including 500 members of the Bienvenue cyclistes! network, restaurants, tourist attraction operators, makers
I WANT TO SAVE THE ROUTE VERTE!
I sign the petition asking the Quebec government to maintain the Route verte maintenance program to preserve this jewel and economic and social development tool for our regions.
|Pérennité d'un bout à l'autre de la route verte (French only)||696.18 Ko|
*By checking this box, you will receive an assessment of the petition and a summary of information about the environment from Équiterre and Vélo Québec. We make every effort to preserve the privacy and the busy life of our supporters by providing them only with the essential. You can reach us at : firstname.lastname@example.org, 50 Ste-Catherine St. West, suite 340, Montreal (Quebec) H2X 3V4, 514 522-2000. At any time, it will be possible to unsubscribe from this diffusion list. To unsusbscribe from Equiterre's mailing list.
You can reach Vélo Quebec at Maison des cyclistes, 1251, rue Rachel Est, Montréal (Québec) H2J 2J9, Toll free (Canada and United States) : 1 800 567-8356. At any time, it will be possible to unsubscribe from this diffusion list. To unsubscribe from Vélo Quebec mailing list, please send an email here, with "Unsubscribe me" in the object.